Circle Bars Canada has created a gluten-free energy bar whose main source of protein is organic wild rice! Here at Circle Bars we’re pretty excited about launching our new (organic) wild rice based energy bars, and today we want to tell you why we feel this way. Wild rice is a marvel of nature, growing in the pure streams and rivers of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, Canada. We want to introduce you to some of the incredible benefits of wild rice:
- Wild rice is protein rich, with double the protein in brown rice.
- Wild rice is antioxidant rich – it has up to 30 times more antioxidants than white rice, protecting you from many illnesses and aging too.
- Wild rice has a high-fiber content, which helps lower cholesterol.
- Wild rice is gluten free.
- Wild rice is sodium free.
- Wild rice is bursting with vitamins A, C, E, B6, Niacin, Riboflavin and Folate–just to name a few – increasing your immunity, protecting you from many diseases, and boosting your energy levels.
- Wild rice is loaded with the minerals phosphorus and zinc – both essential for optimal heart, nerve, and muscle function. The magnesium in wild rice is a huge energy booster, with more health benefits than we can cover now!
- Wild rice is far lower carbohydrate and calorie-wise than any other other kind of rice.
- Wild rice can be safely eaten by diabetics because it is actually a kind of wild grass – organic and unrefined.
- Wild rice’s high fiber and high protein content keeps you fuller longer, making weight management easier.
Wild rice has a unique, delicious and nutty flavour, and we would love to dig deeper into all of its incredible benefits – but we don’t want to over-whelm you! Wild rice is so nutrient dense that we can’t do it justice in one article, so we’ll explore all the awesome properties of Canadian wild rice in future articles. For now, we just want to introduce you to our revolutionary new energy bar – an organic, low-fat, low-carbohydrate, high-protein, naturally sweetened nutritional energy bar that has been created by Canadian women, for Canadian women!